The National Trust for Historic Preservation has issued a report on the status of the rebuilding of New Orleans.
The Aug. 24 report says that citizens who return to New Orleans face problems like crime, inadequate city services, vacant buildings that attract vandals, and demolitions that degrade neighborhoods that are fighting to rebuild themselves.Well I didn't need a report to tell me that. Though the article provides a link to the study which is a series of articles on the recovery effort that are listed below:
- Will The Big Easy Blow It?
- Bringing Back the Culture
- Gulf Coast Recover: A Year in Review
- One Year Later: Life in New Orleans' Historic Neighborhoods
- Remarks of Patricia Gay, Excutive Director, Preservation Resource Center of New Orleans
- Walter Gallas' Remarks at the National Trust for Historic Preservation/Preservation Resource Center Press Conference